Ensure your Website and Booking Engine are Optimized for Mobile
There are 5 key principles which must be applied when optimizing your hotel website for mobile:
- Heed the need for speed: More than half of people leave a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- Offer a clear value proposition: A good value proposition uses customer-orientated language that answers the question: "Why should I book with this company?"
- Present a clear call to action: Use contrasting colors and fonts for high visibility and to make the action a user should take obvious.
- Prioritize visible content: Above the fold space is at a premium on mobile devices, making it critical to feature what is most important to the user.
- Customize key information: Auto-fill the destination or product-specific search query, provide links to recent searches and use auto-suggest features.