Manage your Projects using our All-in-one Project Management System
“Why is project management software so important to an organization”, is an interesting question that generally comes in everyone’s mind. They wonder if there's really a need for a project management system because on paper it looks like unnecessary overhead as project managers don’t really deliver anything...
All this is a false economy. Running projects without good project management is a myth. Without it, what could hold the team and client together? And, without it, who is deemed to go through ups and downs, clashes, and catastrophes of the project?
So, to speak explicitly, a Project management system is a total aggregation of the tools and techniques along with the procedures, processes, and methodologies that are used for the purpose of planning, organizing, and managing the tasks and resources to accomplish a defined objective, usually with constraints on time and cost.
Project management answers the following questions:
- What is to be done?
- When must it be done?
- How much will it cost?
- Who will complete the task?
- How are the projects progressing?
- What happens if work isn’t completed on time?
- What are the next steps?
Key Benefits of Project Management Software
Project management software can be easily customized and tweaked regardless of the size of the team and the business. They come flooded with a number of key benefits and advantages that can be exploited to the full.
Once you will understand all the advantages of project management software, you will never go back.
- Everything under the same hood: It provides a centralized platform to keep a clear channel of assigned tasks, communication, and attachments all in the same place.
- Setting clear goals and objectives: This is an essential step project management software ensures for identifying the destination and providing a roadmap for getting there.
- Provides Bird’s eye view: Project management software helps to gain valuable insights on the workflow of teammates, bottlenecks in development, and team progress as a whole.
- Effective team collaboration: Using a project management system, it's easy to ask for status updates, catch meetings, get your message across and ensure everyone is united.
- Improved Productivity: It improves your work and team communication thus, allowing you to quickly scope and prioritize work so as to increase accuracy and on-time delivery.
Choosing the Right Project Management System
As a project manager, you can’t afford to make a mistake when choosing the best project management system as you need to prepare project plans, define the scope, and schedule wisely.
So, it's important to select a project management system with all the below-listed features to make project management effective.
- Resource management: It is an integral part of every project as it will make aware of the whole project cost and other related things.
- Risk management: A risk is an uncertain condition that might affect your project. So, your system should be able to identify and manage risks in the project plan and thus, calculate all risks in advance.
- Ease of use: A good project management system should have a minimalistic design with a simple drag-and-drop interface, easy functionality, smooth maintenance, and support.
- Third-party Integration: As a project manager, you should look for a project management system that supports integration to many popular apps including Google Drive, Dropbox, FreshBooks, and many more.
- Effective time tracking: Today most of the project managers find time tracking as a quintessential feature for better planning, accurate time estimation, & working with great precision on project tasks.
- Customizable workflows: Using custom workflows in project management, it becomes easy to know who is working on what and which stage of the workflow it’s in for easy monitoring.
- Native mobile app: Mostly, Project managers are often on the go or in meetings. Project management mobile apps are a comfortable way to keep track of tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Easy collaboration: The system should keep conversations with teammates, clients, and vendors in one place, and keep everyone on the same page.
The Bottom Line
Without the Project management system, teams and clients are exposed to poor management, lack of resources, unclear goals and objects, unrealistic planning, high risks, and project deliverables of low quality. Thus, Great Project management matters as great management with great training drives success in the long-term.
At present, various project management systems are available that you can use to manage your projects. It’s up to your business and team size whether you are choosing the software that can help you get your projects back under control.